Think of Bangalore and it reminds one of IT/ ITES campuses of home grown firms and MNCs. In the recent years the city has been compared time and again to the Silicon Valley of the USA and for very obvious reasons – Google, Facebook, Cisco, Amazon, Accenture and many more employers have set up their offices here. This led to a surge in migration of workforce both and skilled and unskilled into the city, which was once famous as the garden city. Apart from Indians who migrated to Bangalore there is a vast population of expatriates who have become part of city’s social strata. To see Propstory’s recent coverage, refer to our Fortnightly Munch from 16 May, 2016. A home to over 10 million individuals, Bangalore finds itself amongst bad press – traffic woes, inadequate infrastructure and water issues. Precisely then it is of utmost priority for everyone here, to be living close to their workplaces. Rohan Iksha by Rohan Builders is one such apartment complex at Bangalore which is located conveniently along the ORR at Bhoganahalli (not very far from Marathahalli).
More than its apt location Rohan Iksha apartments offer quality homes, pristine landscaping and ample ventilation. We investigated project plans and travelled to the site recently. Here is what we found.
Bhoganahalli: The Location
Rohan Iksha is about 1.3 kilometers off the ORR which is used to access various parts of the ever expanding Bangalore city. There are three roads to access the project all of these originating from the ORR. Residents of Iksha don’t have to travel that far for work as prominent business and software parks – Cessna Business Park (popular for Cisco office), Embassy Tech Village, Prestige Tech Park are within 2-4 kilometer from the site. One can travel to Wipro campus at Sarjapur main road in 10-15 minutes as it is at a distance of about 4.5 kilometers from the upcoming Iksha. For those working at Electronic City (14 kilometers), Manyata Tech Park (21 kilometer) and Whitefield (12 kilometer via Varthur lake route) Rohan Iksha might be an option for it can be accessed through ORR.
- New Horizon Vidya Mandir — A much vouched for school is right opposite the
Iksha gates while other educational institutes such as New Horizon Gurukul and New Horizon Engineering college are within walking distances. Marathahalli Bridge is just 4 kilometers away and one can use it for onward journey to Whitefield or central business districts of Bangalore (MG Road, Brigade Road and others). Amongst the shopping and entertainment destinations nearby are the Bangalore Central Mall (4.5 kilometer), Innovative Multiplex (4 kilometer) and several high streets at Marathahalli. What more, I have attended a few celebrations at restaurants and pubs in this neighbourhood, as this location has gained prominence amongst others in South Bangalore.
Rohan Iksha: Designs and Specifications
Central to masterplan and unit plans at Rohan Iksha is the firms’ philosophy of PLUS homes, put simply ample – ventilation, lighting, space and privacy. In all 13 towers are proposed on a site area of 8.5 acres. These are G+14 structures
Phase 1 (towers A, B, C and D), comprising of 167 – studio, 2BHK, 3BHK and 4BHK, is under construction and is likely to be delivered by September 2017 (launched in first quarter of 2015). The unit sizes range from 358 sqft. for a studio to 2171 sq ft. for a 4BHK home (sale area). Prices of 2BHK are ~Rs. 60 lacs while the largest units are priced at ~Rs. 1.10 crore. The base selling prices at Rohan Iksha is ~Rs. 5250 per sq ft.
It is the detailing in the plans that impresses one –
- Additional privacy for ground floor units – Every tower starts at an elevation
of 12 ft. above the driveway level. This lends privacy to those owning the ground floor apartments
- Tunnel effect – The towers K (near entrance along the central spine) and H (somewhere in the middle along the central spine) have pillars to the height of 2 floors, such a feature creates a tunnel affect resulting in air circulation and light and also providing unhindered views of the entire landscape and development.
- Ample ventilation and lighting – The French windows in all rooms ensure that ample natural lighting and ventilation is available in addition to some pristine views of the surroundings. In the living room these are opposite to each other and hence allowing air to pass through the apartment. Every bedroom then has similar windows to complement the designs.
- 360 degree views – The floor and unit plans are such that every resident can enjoy 360 degree views from their units, that too in complete privacy.
- Enhanced privacy – Extended walls acting as shades around balconies and other openings add to privacy these apartments offer. Plus no balcony in one tower faces others in a different towers also keeps one secured
- There are certain units with private terraces (in L shape)
- Amenities – The landscaping at Rohan Iksha includes trees all along the periphery and in the central courtyard. The highlight is the club house which will be positioned on the pillars at Block H, i.e., starts at 3rd floor and is two floor high. Club house is of the size of 8500 sq ft. It will have various indoor games in addition to a squash court and multi purpose hall. Separately there will be cricket nets for practice and a tennis court.
Over and above the attributes already mentioned, Rohan Iksha complex is surrounded by low rise structures and there doesn’t seem to be any other high rise development coming up in the immediate vicinity. These attributes distinguish Rohan Iksha development from several other flats in Bangalore. Rohan Builders, built a long track record of executing construction contracts for local and global firms before venturing into real estate.
Close to 15 million sq ft of real estate and civil contracts have been delivered by the Group and it is also behind several infrastructure projects across various states in India. Rohan Iksha is amongst the firms’ three ongoing projects which build on a successfuldelivery of Rohan Mihira (Brookefield), Rohan Vasantha (Marathahalli) and Rohan Ashima (Brookefield) all at Bangalore.